Daniel Koren, the founder and creative director of Daniel K, is a third generation jeweler. He personally approves every piece designed by the company, scrutinizing new designs for proper attention to detail and craftsmanship. The meticulous design process uses only the highest quality diamonds, and every stone is a minimum of a half carat, with luxurious designs exceeding ten carats. Diamond color is also critical to Daniel K engagement rings: all stones must be of D to G color grades to be placed in Daniel K designs, a level of quality that less than 1 percent of the worlds diamond supply can achieve.
Because of the unique designs, and opulent construction, Daniel K designs have attracted the attention of many celebrities. Halle Berry and Debra Messing have both been spotted with Daniel K diamond rings, while Sigourney Weaver, Jennifer Love Hewitt, and Mary J. Blige have adorned themselves with different styles of Daniel K earrings.
When the jewelry company first debuted engagement ring designs, their focus was almost exclusive to Asscher and emerald cuts. Today, however, a number of classic diamond shapes can be found in Daniel K engagement rings, including ovals, cushion cuts, radiant gems, and traditional round brilliant diamonds.
Many Daniel K designs clearly illustrate an art deco influence with their extravagant use of accent stones. Characteristics of these designer engagement rings include:
- "Boxter" design settings where the central gem is completely surrounded by smaller accent stones, usually baguette or round diamonds.
- Eternity ring options in various sizes and styles, including pave settings.
- Distinctive use of fancy colored diamonds, most notably yellow and pink hues.
- Solitaire rings highlighting exceptional stones with minimal embellishment for sophisticated flair.
- A limited number of three stone engagement rings.
- Pure platinum settings on all rings for beauty and strength.
- Predominantly prong, bezel, and pave settings.
These Couture jewelry pieces can only be bought from authorized dealers around the world. In each unique design, careful attention is paid to ensure the ring is meticulously crafted and superbly set before sold as part of a Daniel K collection.
In addition to stunning engagement rings, Daniel K offers a range of other diamond jewelry, including necklaces, pendants, drop and diamond stud earrings, diamond tennis bracelets, and cuff links. Danielk also launched a line of fashionable right hand diamond rings with more elaborate styles than their bridal collections. Web, mesh, scatter settings, and wide bands are all available.